During the month of October, leading up to our big event with the author on October 28, many of our participating libraries are hosting a book discussion of one or all of Paul Doiron’s books in the Mike Bowditch series.
Find one online or at a library near you (or maybe one that’s further afield if you’re up for a road trip).
Check the calendar for dates and times.
On Tuesday, October 8 at 7:00 p.m., in conjunction with Bartlett’s book discussion, retired pediatrician Dr. Skip Small will explore the many complexities of sex and gender determination. He will attempt to increase your understanding of why we, as humans, can not always be simply defined physically and mentally as male or female. An open mind is encouraged, but not required. Prior knowledge and/or experience not necessary. Appropriate for teens and older. A 45 minute talk followed by Q & A.
Most of the libraries participating in One Book One Valley will host a book discussion of Becoming Nicole by Amy Ellis Nutt. This week, Bridgton Public Library, Effingham Public Library, and Charlotte Hobbs Memorial Library will hold discussions. For a full schedule of discussions, including locations, see https://onebookonevalley.org/events/
If you’re hosting your own discussion of Becoming Nicole, our Project Humanist Alex Myers has prepared a great discussion guide: https://onebookonevalley.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/becomingnicoleqs.docx
Fifteen libraries and White Birch Books are each hosting a meeting to talk about Ty Gagne’s Where You’ll Find Me. Here’s a list in order by date:
- Fryeburg Public Library: Sept. 12, 10 AM
- Charlotte Hobbs Memorial Library, Lovell: Sept. 17, 1 PM
- Bridgton Public Library: Sept. 26, 3 PM
- Effingham Public Library: Sept. 26, 6 PM
- Ossipee Public Library: Oct. 2, 2 PM
- North Conway Public Library: Oct. 4, 10:30 AM
- Chocorua Public Library: Oct. 4, 12:00 PM
- Jackson Public Library: Oct. 9, 4:30 PM
- Bartlett Public Library: Oct. 9, 7 PM
- Moultonborough Public Library: Oct. 10, 10:30 AM
- White Birch Books: Oct. 11, 7 PM
- Conway Public Library: Oct. 15, 10:15 AM
- Cook Memorial Library, Tamworth: Oct. 15, 10:30 AM
- Brownfield Public Library: Oct. 16, 6 PM
- Madison Library: Oct. 23, 7 PM
- Freedom Public Library: Oct. 29, 10:30 AM